Insung Hwang is a Korean-American Film Director best known for his erotic thriller, Justify which has garnered a small cult following after sales agents and distributors clamored to exploit the film. Included in the “Best 50 Asian-American Filmmakers” list on IMDb, his films combine “high-touch” cinematic concepts with “low-touch” characters resulting in unique stories that are thought provoking and entertaining. After dropping out of Tisch School of the Arts at NYU, he later earned his M.F.A. in Film Production from Chapman University. He was awarded the New Filmmaker Grant from Panavision for his 35mm short Donnie’s Tree. He is a Film Independent Fellow of 2006 (Project: Involve). When not working on passion projects, he directs and produces an ongoing historical web Series for DC Comics.
- DC’s TALES FROM THE VAULT– Web Series – Director / Camera / Editor – DC Comics
- CACHE MEMORY– Short – Director / Writer
- GAS LIGHT – Short – Director / Camera
- IN-BOX – Short – Director / Editor
- JUSTIFY – Feature Film – Director / Writer
- DONNIE’S TREE – Short – Director / Writer Chapman University – Finalist, Kansas City, Fort Lauderdale, Sedona – Kodak Product Grant, Panavision New Filmmaker Grant
- THE MOMENT – Short – Director / Writer – Canon 72 hour “Bring It” competition at the Los Angeles Film Festival
- 3:05 – Short – Director / Writer – Nominated for Best of Show at the Damah Film Festival
- AVE MARIA – Short – Director / Writer – Chapman University
- REGINA – Short – Director / Writer – Chapman University – Kodak Student Filmmaker Award
- GOOD VIBRATIONS – Short – Director / Writer – Chapman University
- THE BOX – Short – Director / Writer – Papa G Studios
- FUGUE – Short – Director / Writer – Papa G Studios
- Film Production – Dodge College of Film & Media Arts, Chapman University – M.F.A.
- Interactive Telecommunications Program – Tisch School of the Arts, New York University
- Art & Design – School of Liberal Arts, Cal Poly, San Luis Obispo – B.S.
- Intern – Scott Rudin Productions
- Film Independent – Project Involve Fellow
- Los Angeles Film Festival, 72-hour Canon, Bring-It competition
- Nominated for Best of Show at the Damah Film Festival
- Kodak Student Filmmaker Award
- New Filmmaker Grant, PANAVISION.
- Part 107 FAA UAS License (Drone Pilot)